Sunday 26 April 2015

SUMMER SAILOR


By Rachel Wong

With summer around the corner [providing the weather is good to us and summer isn’t cancelled] I am finally starting to get excited about spring/summer co-ords! Sailor Lolita is one of my favourite sub-styles and I am definitely not disappointed in what’s available.


Metamorphose Temps de Fille is my favourite brand, especially when it comes to sailor themed pieces. This dress and bloomers set is absolutely adorable! This OP [one piece] by Innocent World is also stunning. I love the cut and the overall design is classic and timeless.
This year I’ve taken a liking to Korean brands and they’ve delivered some lovely pieces too. I’m still slightly unsure how I feel about Marchen die Prinzessin’s lace covered sailor dress. It looks very bottom heavy but I rather like the puff sleeves and that the collar is detachable meaning you can wear it in more than one way.  When I first saw the designs for White Forest’s sailor series I was unsure of the strawberry print but it is so sweet! The empire waist will also make it very comfy for a warm day.


However, the world is cruel and I’m living on a student budget so I can’t have all the dresses I want but if I could have one Sailor Lolita dress this year, I would choose Innocent World’s OP. The cut is very flattering and it is just so classically sailor – That would be my dress of the summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment